Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Adele - ''Someone Like You''

Livejournal doesn't seem to want to let me post today, so I thought I would come over here and post this video of Adele. Yeah, I know. Livejournal is yesterdays news, and this should be where I post all the time. Old habits die hard I guess.

There is much to admire about Adele. She has a gorgeous voice, and now that Amy Winehouse is dead,she is the standard bearer for British R&B/jazz singers.

I also appreciate that she doesn't look like a supermodel.She's even a little overweight. I don't understand the requirement that female singers be gorgeous.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a feminist, and I'm just as shallow as the next guy. I enjoy looking at hot women. But when I am listening to music, the sense that's engaged is my hearing, not my vision. That's why it's called LISTENING to music and not looking at music.

As if her looks were not enough of a handicap, her politics are all wrong. She has recently caught quite a bit of flak for criticizing the liberal taxation and welfare policies of the British government.
She doesn't do anything a successful singer is supposed to do, except have a gorgeous heartfelt voice. Apparently that's enough. Who knew?

But enough of my rantings. Here's Adele.

No comments:

Post a Comment